Sunday, May 29, 2016

'straya

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
Wednesday one six one six.
From this time forward, under God, 

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
I have the honour of becoming Australian.
I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people,

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
We're approaching a federal election, and must choose between Bill and Mal.  Although I have been on the electoral role for about 33 years - this election will feel special. I'll be an Australian.
whose democratic beliefs I share, 



Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 
Australia is home, and I couldn't imagine wanting to live elsewhere.  New Zealand is pretty, the UK is seeped with history, America is... maybe about to have a president called Trump?  But Australia feels right, NSW feels right, and I've lived in this town three times longer than any other town.   And this town is in Austalia.
whose rights and liberties I respect, 

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 
Australia has my loyalty.  I've worked in it's health system for thirty years, I've met all sorts of other Australians; new and old, and am proud to be one of them.
and whose laws I will uphold and obey

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 
Under God.  'straya mate :-)  From this time forward.

No comments: